All Access Exclusive
Crooked Stave founder and brewmaster Chad Yakobson, one of the industry’s foremost experts on Brettanomyces, leads this in-depth course on brewing and fermenting funky, farmhouse-inspired beers.
Even before he was founder and brewmaster at Crooked Stave, Chad Yakobson was earning respect in the brewing world for his expertise in Brettanomyces. His research and open-source Brettanomyces Project essentially evolved into the beers that he and his team have been brewing, aging, and blending in Denver since 2010.
In this detailed video course, Yakobson shares his deep expertise on brewing with his friend Brett, keeping a particular focus on farmhouse-inspired, mixed-culture ales such as their Surette Provision Saison and Vieille Artisanal Saison. Along the way, he covers:
- the basics of brewing with various strains of Brettanomyces
- getting creative with Brett while finding inspiration in traditional beers
- building a multigrain grist that plays well with Brett or mixed cultures
- keeping mouthfeel in mind for high attenuation
- ensuring healthy fermentations with Brett and mixed cultures
- considerations for hops, herbs, and spices
- deciding when to add Brett and mixed cultures
- the impact of fermentation temperatures and times
- avoiding cross-contamination in the brewery
Want access to more video courses like this one? All of our subscriptions come with a 100-percent money-back guarantee. Get your All Access Subscription to tap into a library of more than 80 full courses on a diverse range of brewing topics. If you don’t love it, we’re happy to refund you.